Our State-of-the-Art Testing Lab
Our test lab has been accepted by the FAA to produce test data for use in FAA type certification projects. Testing at our lab is performed by highly trained technicians utilizing state-of-the-art equipment designed and manufactured by Marlin Engineering.
Our testing laboratory provides quick turnaround and is certified to AS 9100 and ISO 9001 standards.
Our lab has the following test capabilities:
- OSU Heat Release ( FAR 25.853, Appendix F, Part IV)
- Smoke Density ( FAR 25.853, Appendix F, Part V)
Bunsen Burner Test Capabilities
- 12- and 60-Second Vertical Burn (for Cabin & Cargo Compartment Materials)
- 12- and 60-Second Horizontal Burn (for Cabin, Cargo Compartment & Misc Materials)
- 45-degree Burn (for Cargo Compartment Liners & Waste Stowage Compartment Materials)
- 60-degree Burn (for Electric Wire)
Check out this video of our 60-second composite burn test:
This video is a demonstration of a typical 60-second composite burn test in accordance with FAR 25.853 (a) Appendix F, Part I, (a), I, (i) for a private jet interior refurbishment project. The test buildup is composed of Ultraleather® adhered to foam and a honeycomb composite.