Aviation Testing Services
60-Second Composite Burn Test
View The 60-Second Composite Burn Test Video
Our test lab has been accepted by the FAA to produce test data for use in FAA type certification projects
Our testing laboratory provides quick turnaround on most aviation testing services and is certified to AS 9100 and ISO 9001 standards.
Our lab has the following test capabilities:
- OSU Heat Release ( FAR 25.853, Appendix F, Part IV)
- Smoke Density ( FAR 25.853, Appendix F, Part V)
Bunsen Burner Test Capabilities
- 12- and 60-Second Vertical Burn (for Cabin & Cargo Compartment Materials)
- 12- and 60-Second Horizontal Burn (for Cabin, Cargo Compartment & Misc Materials)
- 45-degree Burn (for Cargo Compartment Liners & Waste Stowage Compartment Materials)
- 60-degree Burn (for Electric Wire)
Note: The above video is a demonstration of a typical 60-second composite burn test in accordance with FAR 25.853 (a) Appendix F, Part I, (a), I, (i) for a private jet interior refurbishment project. The test buildup is composed of Ultraleather® adhered to foam and a honeycomb composite.
We have the capabilities of generating customer test plans and reports to meet regulatory requirements. In-house Flammability DER's can approve and witness tests in accordance with FAA requirements. These personnel are also Boeing OBAR's as well as Airbus technical specialists.Flammability
Get In Touch
Contact Tapis today to learn more about how our state-of-the-art testing services can help you.
28 Kaysal Court
Armonk, New York 10504
P: Tel: (914) 273-2737
P: Toll Free: (800) 275-0275